How To Appreciate Enemies
1. Consider that in order to build character, the practice of patience is essential.
2. See that the best way to practice patience requires an enemy.
3. Understand that in this way enemies are very valuable for the opportunities they provide.
4. Decide that instead of getting angry with those who block your wishes, you will inwardly respond with gratitude.
By seeing things this way, you can change your attitude towards adversity. This is very difficult, but very rewarding. By considering the matter deeply, you will see that even great enemies who intend your serious harm are also, in a sense, extending great kindness to you. For only when faced with the work of enemies can you learn real inner strength."
How To Regard Anger
1. If a person shows anger to you, and you show anger in return, the result is a disaster.
2. However, if you control your anger and show its opposite - love, compassion, tolerance, and patience - then not only do you remain in peace, but gradually the anger of others also will diminish.
3. Anger may lead to temporary success, yielding a little satisfaction for a brief period, but ultimately will cause further difficulties.
4. When someone tries to take advantage of you, first you must clearly understand that this person is a human being, and has a right to be happy.
5. Then, you can act according to the circumstances he or she has created, responding strongly if necessary, but never losing your compassionate perspective.
Compassion is the key."